Initiating, supporting and implementing R&D projects to strengthen competitiveness of member companies
One of BBAA’s main tasks is the development, support and, where required, the management of strategic collaboration and innovation projects.
Our team provides support in the following areas:
- Advice on developing project ideas (alternative sources of funding, framework conditions to be considered)
- Searching for suitable project partners (personal research, workshops for people interested in the project)
- Support with funding applications
- Support with completion and submission
- Support during the project implementation phase
Accessing new markets is a considerable challenge. Our appearances at trade shows are an ideal starting point for getting a foot in the door. From small and effective information booth to large trade fair exhibition stands - the BBAA organises numerous shared exhibition stands at national and international aerospace trade shows in order to expose the capital region’s aerospace industry to a wide audience.
In collaboration with the members of the BBAA, key area with a high degree of practical relevance have been identified to which the BBAA dedicates special attention in collaboration with the Transport, Mobility and Logistics cluster. The following areas show particular development potential for the Berlin-Brandenburg region:
- Engines / testing / simulation
- General aviation / business aviation
- UAV / RPAS
- Small sats / space travel
Specific campaigns for strengthening these areas within the capital region are continuously being developed and implemented.
The capital region offers companies excellent growth perspectives. As a political and economic centre, the region has excellent connections to Europe’s most important transport routes.
Various cities and competence centres in the region must demonstrate their strengths in the aerospace industry. We are happy to support these companies find their future location and the right company environment. We can personally advise you on funding programmes for setting up and innovating in Berlin and Brandenburg and provide contacts to relevant economic development organisations.
The BBAA is involved with the following committees and associations:
- Supply Chain Excellence Initiative: The BBAA is part of the national Supply Chain Excellence initiative. The Supply Chain Excellent (SCE) initiative aims to help and support businesses in the aerospace supply industry with the structural changes that are currently underway with the particular aim of continuing to increase the global competitiveness of Germany as a location for the aviation industry. More information about SCE can be found here.
- European Aerospace Cluster Partnership (EACP): The BBAA is a member of the EACP, an association of European networks and clusters from within the sector. The aim is to bring European partners together more closely and initiate joint projects. Find out more about EACP here.
- BDLI Regional Forum: This forum facilitates regular exchanges between aerospace associations from each of the German federal states.